Zucchini Latkes fresh from the Garden
Author: Easy to make recipes
Recipe type: dinner
- 2¼ cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup canola oil (for cooking)
- Combine zucchini and salt together in a colander or sieve. Let drain for 15 minutes. Make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, cheese, flour, egg, onion, parsley and pepper. Stir well.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Using a levered ice cream scoop, spoon batter into hot oil. Press latkes with a spatula. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son...John 3:16