White Chocolate Drizzled Cherry Cookies
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups of maraschino cherries, sliced
- 1 ¼ cup cooking oats
- 4 ounce white chocolate baking bar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer blend butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla together.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Fold in cherries and oats.
- Drop by tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- In medium size bowl, microwave chocolate and shortening for 60 to 90 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Using a teaspoon drizzle chocolate on top of cookie.
- Place on baking sheet that is lined with wax paper and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
The earth is the Lord's and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein. Psalm 24:1