Rice Krispies Chocolate Dipped Eggs
These are great for the kids at Easter....
- 5½ cups of Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups of Crisp Rice Cereal
- 8 ounces of White Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 teaspoon Shortening
- Food Coloring
- Lollipop Sticks
- Ribbon for decoration.
- In large bowl, microwave butter for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in marshmallows. Microwave 1 minute 30 seconds or until marshmallows are melted. Stir.
- Add cereal to melted marshmallows and stir until cereal is coated.
- Using your hands shape warm krispie treats into shape of eggs.
- Insert lollipop stick. Set aside on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In med. bowl, microwave chocolate and shortening for 1 minute or until melted. Stir.
- Drop food coloring in chocolate. Stir. (I separated chocolate into 3 small bowls and did 3 different colors)
- Using teaspoon, drizzle bottom half of egg with chocolate, letting excess chocolate dip off before placing on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Tie ribbon just below egg.