I love apples, I love ham and I love cheese. Why not an Apple and Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich. You will be amazed on how good this combination is together. The mustard with syrup is amazing. Just gives it enough sweetness mixed with spice. Double YUM! Great on a cold winter day.
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 slices of sandwich sliced ham
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 thin slices of butter (for toasting bread)
- Combine mustard and syrup. Spread 2 tablespoons over two bread slices. Layer bread with apple, ham and cheese. Spread remaining bread with mustard mixture and place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches to desired brownness making sure the cheese is melted.