Peach Pie Recipe
Recipe type: pie
- ¼ light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- Store bought double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine sugars in large bowl then add peaches…Tossing gently until coated. Set aside and cover for 1 hour. Line pie plate with bottom pastry. Set aside… Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In small saucepan, combine cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Stir in reserved juice from peaches. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes stirring until thickens. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Place remaining pie crust on top. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges with foil to prevent burning. Bake 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.