I made this at Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit…..Everyone by-passed the pumpkin pie and went straight for the Skillet Apple pie……….Great by itself or with Vanilla Ice cream!!!
Apple Pie - Cast Iron Skillet recipe
Author: easy to make recipes
Recipe type: pie
- • 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- • 4 tbsp. butter
- • ½ cup brown sugar
- • 5 large granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced thin
- • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- • ½ cup sugar
- • ¼ cup cornstarch
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • 1 tsp. cinnamon
- • ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- • 1 small jar caramel topping
- • 1 Egg White for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10” cast iron skillet over low to medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar and remove from heat when melted.
- Toss apples in lemon juice then add sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Make sure all apples are coated well.
- Line the cast iron skillet with one refrigerated pie crust to completely cover the inside of the skillet. Load about ½ of the apples into the bottom of the crust. Pour ½ of the caramel sauce over the apples. Top with the rest of the apples and pour remaining caramel sauce on top.
- Create lattice topping. Roll out the second pie crust on a lightly floured surface to be slightly larger than the skillet. Cut into about 8-10 inch strips. Lay every other strip horizontally over the pie. Carefully fold back every other strip halfway. Lay one of the remaining strips perpendicular to the strips in the middle. Unfold folded strips back over the perpendicular strip. Fold back the horizontal pieces you didn’t use. Lay another perpendicular strip across the pie. Repeat process until all the strips are used. Trim excess crust and crimp the edges. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool to room temperature. Great with vanilla ice cream!
Very easy to make chowder that is surely to warm your insides up……Make it extra special by garnishing the top with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions….
Creamy Corn and Potato Chowder recipe
Author: easy to make recipes.net
Recipe type: soup
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14.5 ox.) can of chicken broth or stock
- 4 medium sized baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (15 ¼ oz cans) whole kernel corn, undrained
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Garnish: Crumbled bacon and shopped green onions
- In large pot melt butter. Toss in onions and peppers, seasoning them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook till soft and then add the garlic. Sprinkle on flour and mix into the veggies. Add chicken broth, milk and potatoes. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add corn and stir in half and half. Add paprika. Cook another 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. (NOTE: If soup is too thick, add more water) Garnish with green onions and crumbled bacon
Great one meal dish for a cold chilly night…. And this Chicken Pot Pie is the BEST! All made with fresh cooked chicken breasts, carrots, celery and onions. If desired, omit 1/4 cup of chicken broth for thicker sauce.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe - Mama's
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (2 crust box)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 2 (10 ½ ounce) cans cream of chicken
- ¼ fresh chicken broth
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In large stock pot, place chicken, carrots, celery and onions, cover with water. Boil on med high until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken apart into smaller pieces. Continue to cook vegetables until desired tenderness. Retain at least ¼ cup of chicken broth from pot.
- In large bowl combine cooked chicken pieces, carrots, celery and onions. Add ¼ cup chicken broth and cream of chicken. Stir until combined. Salt and pepper .
- In 9 inch deep dish pie plate, cover bottom and sides with crust. Pour chicken mixture into pie crust.
- Cover with top crust, pinching the sides together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8
Salsa taste just like fresh apple pie filling. Extra little treat is the homemade cinnamon tortilla chips that you use to dip into that wonderful apple salsa. Make it extra special by adding whipped cream. Double YUM! 🙂
Apple Raisin Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Author: Easy To Make Recipes
- Cinnamon Chips Ingredients:
- 4 flour tortillas
- Butter, softened
- Cinnamon sugar
- Apple Raisin Salsa Ingredients:
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ cup raisins
- Directions for Apple Raisin Salsa:
- In large sauce pan, combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, butter, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and fold in raisins.
- Optional: Serve with whipped cream.
- Directions for Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter one side of tortillas, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges.
- Place on a cookie sheet buttered side up. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.