This recipe makes a big tray full of yummy cookies.
These soft and chewy cookies have a light lemon buttery flavor. My mother-in-law only had one word to describe these cookies. Outstanding!
Lemon Sugar Cookies
Author: easy to make recipes
- 2 sticks butter, softened, unsalted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in eggs. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Beat into creamed mixture until combined.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 4 inches apart on baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly with bottom of a glass or cup.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light brown around edges. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Psalms 100:1-2