Delicious soup for a cold winter day. Serve with fresh corn tortillas chips right out of the frying pan. The fresh corn chips takes this soup to another level of yummy-ness!
Taco Soup with Corn Tortilla Chips
Author: Easy to make recipes
- 2 lbs pounds lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ¼) ounce whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounce) Ranch Style Beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) Pinto Beans
- 1 can (14 ½ ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can Rotel
- 3 cups water
- Garnish Optional: Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Corn tortillas
- Canola Oil for frying
- SOUP - In large stock pot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in onions, taco seasoning, corn, beans, tomatoes, rotel and water. Stir until combined. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir Occasionally.
- CHIPS - In large sauce pan cover bottom with canola oil. Cut corn tortillas in long strips. Fry over medium/high heat until lightly brown. (This only takes a couple of minutes for chips to cook so watch it carefully.) Place chips on paper towels to drain excess grease. Salt to taste.
- Chips can be served in soup or as a side.