The best Strawberry Freezer Jam Ever!!!! Very easy to make and will keep up to a year in the freezer….Enjoy…
Strawberry Freezer Jam – Canning Recipe
Recipe type: Canning
- 4 cups fresh strawberries…(measure out 4 cups after mashed)
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 (1.75 oz) packages Sure-Jell (Fruit Pectin)
- 1½ cups water
- Prepare strawberries by cutting off stems; place in a large bowl, and then slice. Mash with a potato masher, leaving some bits of strawberry pieces. Stir sugar into prepared fruit, mix well…Cover and let stand up to 2 to 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- In a medium size saucepan, whisk pectin with 1 2/2 cups cold water. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; remove from heat and then pour into fruit. Stir 3 minutes or until all the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into pint size jars, leaving ½ inch space to allow for expansion during freezing. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or store in freezer for up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator.