Pure Southern Buttermilk Biscuits! Yes, these biscuits are pure southern for sure. Finish them off with a little melted butter brush over the top. Can’t go wrong with these…… :)Enjoy!
Buttermilk Biscuits - Pure Southern
Author: Easy to make Recipes
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, unsalted, cold
- 1 ¼ cups whole buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter for brushing tops of biscuits
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slice butter into thin slices and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender cut butter into flour until mixture resembles small peas. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add buttermilk to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Kneading 3 times. Press dough into a thick rectangle (9 x 5 inches) about ½ inch thickness. Fold dough over onto itself into 3 sections. Repeat process for 2 more times.
- On a lightly floured surface, press dough to ½ inch thickness and cut with a 2 inch round biscuit cutter. Place dough side by side on baking sheet.
- Cook for 13 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
- Melt butter with a pinch of salt and brush tops of hot biscuits.
Taste and see that the Lord is good!