This cake is sure to be a hit…. Super moist and super easy to make…..Great for Easter or any springtime dessert. Made using basic lemon cake mix, lemon instant pudding and whipping cream.
Lemon Cake Recipe - Super Moist
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 small (3.4 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, chilled
- ½ to 1 cup powdered sugar
- Lemon Zest (optional garnish)
- Follow directions on cake box to prepare batter with the exception of adding 1 teaspoon of lemon extract to prepared batter. Bake two (8 or 9 inch) round cakes. Set prepared cakes aside to cool completely.
- Follow directions to prepare instant lemon pudding. Set aside.
- Place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 30 minutes before whipping the cream. Add cream to cold bowl and beat with electric mixer on highest speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar. Beat until cream holds peaks.
- Using a bread knife, cut cakes in half making 4 layers instead of 2.
- Place first layer on cake plate. Spread half of pudding on cake. Second layer, spread some whipped cream. Third layer, spread remaining lemon pudding. Place top layer on cake and cover top of cake with remaining whipped cream. Serve with remaining whipped cream on side…..
- Chill until ready to serve….