Delicious recipe for Baked Ziti. You have to tried this one for sure!
2017 Recipe Baked Ziti
Author: easy to make recipes
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 pound Ground Beef, lean
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) Tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 16 ounces Ziti pasta (cooked following directions)
- 1 (15 ounce) container Ricotta Cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) Mozzarella Cheese, grated, divided in half
- 1 (5 ounce) container 3 cheese Italian (Parmesan, Asiago and Romano Cheese)
- 1 whole Egg
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and sauté until soften. Add ground beef and Italian Sausage. Cook until browned. Add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove 4 cups of sauce to a different bowl for later.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 8 ounces of the grated mozzarella, 3 cheese Italian Blend, and egg.
- Drain cooked pasta. Add pasta to cheese ingredients. Add the 4 cups of sauce you had set aside in another bowl. Toss to combine. Add half of the coasted pasta to a large lasagna dish. Spoon half of remaining sauce over the top, then top with half of the remaining mozzarella. Repeat with another layer of coated pasta, the sauce and the remaining mozzarella. BAKE for 20 MINUTES.
- Bake 20 minutes.