These delicious biscuits will hit the spot any time of day. Loaded with black pepper and crunchy bacon. Really outstanding warm with a little butter. 🙂
Bacon Pepper Buttermilk Biscuits
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup butter, cold, unsalted
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Slice butter into thin slices and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender cut butter into flour until mixture resembles small peas. Add crumbled bacon. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add buttermilk to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Kneading 3 times. Press dough into a thick rectangle 9×5 inches about ½ inch in thickness. Fold dough over onto itself into 3 sections. Repeat process for 2 more times.
- On a lightly floured surface press dough to ½ inch thickness and cut with a 2 inch round biscuit cutter. Place dough side by side on baking sheet.
- Cook for 13 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
The Lord is good and His mercy endures forever!