Sausage Penne Pasta
- 2 lbs. smoked sausage (sliced)
- 2 cups diced white onion
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10 oz) can Rotel, Mild
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- In large pot add sausage and onions and cook until browned. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover pot and reduce to medium-low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese. Pour into 13 x 9 baking dish and top with remaining cheese and cover with scallions.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly brown.