Raspberry Bread Pudding
Author: easy to make recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 cups French bread, cubed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups milk or half and half
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 1 ½ quart baking dish. Place cubed bread in dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl place raspberries and sprinkle ¼ cup of sugar over top. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine ¾ cup sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
- In small saucepan scald milk and butter. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add to dry ingredients. Stir in eggs.
- Spoon raspberries over cubed bread. Pour egg mixture over bread evenly. Place baking dish inside a larger pan and fill half way with water making a water bath for the pudding to cook evenly. Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sauce: Melt butter in small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch together. Add to melted butter. Stir milk and corn syrup together. Add to butter mixture in sauce pan and bring to a full boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour sauce over warm bread pudding.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us: establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17