Popovers with Raspberry Butter Recipe
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tablespoons Shortening
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Canola or Vegetable oil
- 2 cups All- Purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons Confectioners’ Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Using shortening, grease the bottom and sides of popover pan. Place empty pan in oven to heat.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil. Add flour and salt. Whisk together until batter is smooth.
- Remove pan from oven, and fill popover cups ¾ full of batter. Return pan to oven, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and prick the tops of popovers with a fork to let steam escape.
- To make Raspberry Butter, in a medium bowl, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar and raspberry preserves. Using electric mixer beat until creamy. Serve butter on top of warm popover.
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17