Orange Marmalade Cake
Author: Easy to make recipes
Recipe type: dessert
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade, divided
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Prepare cake as directed on box for two 9-inch round cakes.
- In small bowl stir together orange juice and sugar. While prepared cakes are warm and in cake pans pour orange juice mixture over each layer. Let the layers cool in the pans.
- Heat 1 cup of orange marmalade in a small saucepan over medium heat until just melted. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large chilled mixing bowl beat the whipping cream with electric mixture on high until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar. Continue to beat for another minute. Add sour cream and beat until the mixture is combined.
- Invert one of the cake layers on a cake plate and spread ½ of the marmalade over top. Spread 4 tablespoons of whipped cream mixture on top of marmalade layer.
- Place second layer on top of first layer and spread remaining marmalade over the top of cake. Frost the sides and top of cake with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Optional. Garnish top with remaining cold orange marmalade in jar. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10