Old Fashion Peach Cobbler
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 to 4 cups of fresh peeled and sliced peaches
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour 1 cup of sugar over sliced peaches and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in dish you plan to cook in. I use 8x11 casserole dish.
- Stir together 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¾ cup of milk.
- Add the batter mixture to the melted butter. (Do not stir up)
- Add fruit to middle of batter.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour until crust is golden brown.