Sweet Monogolian Beef….YUM! Remember you can reduce the amount of brown sugar if you desire less sweetness. 🙂
Monogolian Beef over Rice Recipe
Author: Easy to Make
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 2 to 3
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 8 green onions, cut 1 inch lengths
- 1 lb. flank steak, sliced, ¼ inch thick, bite size slices
- 2 cups of prepared brown rice
- To make the sauce, coat bottom of med. size saucepan with 2 teaspoons of canola oil. On med. heat add ginger, garlic, and white onions. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add water, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. If sauce is too thick add a little water. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, coat pan with 4 teaspoons of canola oil. Place steak pieces into pan and sear until edges are lightly brown. 3 to 4 minutes. Stirring to make sure all pieces of meat gets brown.
- Add sauce mixture to meat. Simmer for 2 minutes . Add green onions and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve over prepared brown rice.
Bless the Lord, O my soul! Psalm 104:1