Mama Betty's Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
Author: Mama Betty
Recipe type: soup
- 3⅓ lbs. rack of beef ribs
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 4 med. potatoes, cubed
- 1 (2 lb.bag) frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Separate ribs and lightly brown in skillet to seal juices inside of meat.
- In large pot, cover browned ribs with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until meat falls off bones. (about an hr.)
- Reserving broth, remove bones from broth leaving only the meat and add cabbage, potatoes and onions to broth. Cook for 15 minutes. Add frozen mixed vegetables. Cook another 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6