A new twist on just plain Mac and Cheese. I love sausage and this makes a great combination with the pasta, cheese and garlic. Let’s not forget the breadcrumbs. YUM!
Mac and Cheese topped with Sausage
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
- 12 ounces or 4 cups of medium macaroni shells, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound regular ground sausage, cooked, crumbled
- ½ pound hot ground sausage, cooked, crumbled
- 6 slices of bread, toasted and broken into crumbs
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, add garlic and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and milk. Stir until thick and smooth.
- Add pepper and salt. Stir in 2 ½ cups of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour pasta shells into 13 x 9 baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over shells and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of shredded cheese over top of shells.
- In medium bowl, combine both sausages and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over macaroni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Jesus said, Go, it shall be done for you as you have believed. Matthew 8:13