These little snowballs will be a hit at any Christmas Party. Perfect for make ahead food gifts. Makes around 2 dozen cookies. The more you roll them in the powdered sugar the bigger the snowball! Have Fun!
Lemon & Coconut Snowballs
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
- 2 sticks of butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- With electric mixer beat butter until creamy and add ½ cup of powdered sugar, vanilla and coconut extract. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Beat until combined. Stir in coconut.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place dough 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, place remaining powdered sugar and roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Coat well. Cool completely and again roll cookies in powdered sugar for double coating.
Praise the Lord, for He is good!