Lemon Cheesecake Square Recipe
Great for showers and tea parties... Makes around 2 dozen squares.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted, unsalted
- 2 (8-ounce) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 ¼ cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Garnish: Confectioners’ Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 13x9 baking dish. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour and confectioners’ sugar. Add melted butter and mix until blended.
- Press mixture evenly into bottom of baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine cream cheese and ½ cup of sugar. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add milk and lemon extract. Beat until combined. Pour over crust. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix together 1 ¾ cups sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add ¼ cup flour and baking powder. Stir until combined.
- Pour over cream cheese mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until tester in center comes out sticky.
- Cut into squares and garnish with confectioners’ sugar.
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1