Key Lime Pie Recipe
Remove from freezer 30 to 45 minutes prior to serving.
Recipe type: Pie
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted, unsalted
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ¼ lime zest
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish with lime zest
- In large bowl, combine gingersnap cookie crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Press cookie crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10 inch deep dish pie dish that has been buttered. Place in freezer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together coconut milk, lime zest and key lime juice.
- Using another large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy then add confectioner’s sugar and yogurt. Beat until smooth.
- Add lime mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Add thawed whipped topping and beat until mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture into gingersnap crust.
- Freeze for 4 hours or more.
- Garnish with lime zest. Cover with plastic wrap and store in freezer for up to 7 days.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust," Psalm 91:2