These yummy biscuits are just sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth! They are loaded with raisins and cinnamon, then topped off with a butter icing…
Author: easy to make recipes
- ½ cup butter, cold, sliced thin
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add sliced butter. Cut butter into flour using a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Should look like small peas. Slightly toss in raisins. Cover and chill for 10 minutes. Add buttermilk. Stir until moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead 4 times, gradually adding flour as needed. With floured hands, pat dough into a ¾ inch thick rectangle (9 x 5 inches). Fold dough over onto itself in 3 sections, starting with 1 short end. Repeat process 2 more times.
- Press dough to ½ inch thickness and cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Make sure each biscuit touch each other.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter together. Dizzle over warm biscuits.
- Makes about 2 dozen cinnamon raisins biscuits.
Taste and see that the Lord is good!