Great one meal dish for a cold chilly night…. And this Chicken Pot Pie is the BEST! All made with fresh cooked chicken breasts, carrots, celery and onions. If desired, omit 1/4 cup of chicken broth for thicker sauce.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe - Mama's
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (2 crust box)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 2 (10 ½ ounce) cans cream of chicken
- ¼ fresh chicken broth
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In large stock pot, place chicken, carrots, celery and onions, cover with water. Boil on med high until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken apart into smaller pieces. Continue to cook vegetables until desired tenderness. Retain at least ¼ cup of chicken broth from pot.
- In large bowl combine cooked chicken pieces, carrots, celery and onions. Add ¼ cup chicken broth and cream of chicken. Stir until combined. Salt and pepper .
- In 9 inch deep dish pie plate, cover bottom and sides with crust. Pour chicken mixture into pie crust.
- Cover with top crust, pinching the sides together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8