Caramel Stuffed Cookie Recipe
Recipe type: cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 pieces of caramel candy
- In bowl, cream sugar and softened butter together. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add flour to the sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Chill dough and cookie sheets for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Make 1 inch dough balls. Press 1 caramel square into center of each ball. Make sure caramel is completely covered with dough on all sides. On chilled cookie sheets gently press dough down to form cookie.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.