Was not sure what to call this delicious apple recipe. So I came up with this. Apple Pie Cobbler Cake. It’s a little like an apple pie, but it looks like a cobbler and it has cake mix in it. Anyway it GOOD!
Apple Pie Cobbler Cake
- 2 (20 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box of yellow cake mix
- 1 cup or 2 sticks on butter, room temperature
- ¾ cups of oats, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large sauce pan heat apple filling over low to medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl combine yellow cake mix and butter together using electric mixer on low until crumbly.
- Set aside 1 ½ cups of cake butter mixture in a smaller bowl. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and oats.
- In large bowl stir milk into cake butter mixture. Stir until moistened.
- In 13 x 9 baking dish, spoon hot apple pie filling; covering the bottom of dish.
- Top with spoonfuls of cake batter. Then sprinkle with oatmeal cinnamon mixture.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
Taste and see that the Lord is good!