Apple Cranberry Bars
Author: Easy to Make
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, and oats. Using a fork cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Reserve ½ cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, cranberries and cinnamon.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Add applesauce and cranberries mixture. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool. Remove bars from baking dish and cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Psalms 103:2