I love easy desserts and this one fits that category. Not only is it delicious but so easy to make. Next best thing to Apple Pie.
Apple Brown Betty - Baked
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 slices Sourdough Bread cut into small cubes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat large baking dish with butter. Then add layer of apple slices, and layer of breadcrumbs. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- In small sauce pan melt Butter and Brown Sugar together. Stir until boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over top of apple breadcrumbs mixture.
- Cover in foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes. Total baking time 45 minutes.
Thanks be to God who gives us Victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 15:57