Wedding Cookies with Coconut
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring extract or butter flavoring extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Beat butter on medium speed until creamy and add ½ cup powdered sugar and both extracts.
- Add flour and salt to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in coconut
- Cover and chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper-
- lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom but still pale on top of cookie.
- Cool for 5 minutes on wire racks.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl, and roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, coating well. Cool completely on wire racks and then roll cookies again in powdered sugar.