- 1 (6 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup of ketchup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- Optional (1 teaspoon of sugar)
- Cook and drain spaghetti. Stir in butter, eggs and parmesan cheese while spaghetti is hot. Form spaghetti into a crust in a 10 inch buttered pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In skillet, cook ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, ketchup, sugar and oregano. Note: (Season to your liking.)
- Spread ricotta cheese over spaghetti crust and then pour in beef and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and bake another 5 minutes, until cheese melts.