Great cookie recipe for any time of year. I love to cook this in September and October as the weather is cooling off. Something about cinnamon that reminds me of fall.
Snickerdoodles drizzled with White Chocolate Recipe
Author: Easy to make recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened, unsalted
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
- Optional: Drizzled tops with melted white chocolate baking bar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 ½ cups of sugar together on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and cream of tarter.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat until well mixed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Optional: Melt white chocolate in microwave for 1 minute. Stir and drizzled back and forth over tops of cookies.