Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Author: easy to make recipes
Recipe type: dinner
- 1 lb dry small red beans
- 1 ½ beef linked sausage, sliced and browned in skillet
- 5 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 TBSP. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 teaspoons of Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooked Brown Rice (3 cups of uncooked rice)
- Quick soak beans by placing them in a bowl and covering with hot water. Let soak for 2 hours.
- In a large pot, place beans, garlic, onion, and water. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- When beans are tender, add celery, peppers, Worcestershire Sauce and Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook for another hour or until bean mixture become thick. Add browned beef sausage.
- Stir in Tabasco Sauce.
- Serve over Rice
You might also like this….