Raspberry-Lemon Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
Makes 4 dozen cookies
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking bar
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar about 3 minutes. Add yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat to combine. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into ball in bowl. Pinch off and roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Using your index finger make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill each with ½ teaspoon of raspberry jam or preserves.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cool cookie. Let set. (Place in refrigerator to set chocolate faster)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16