Raspberry Butter Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 small jar raspberry preserves
- In large bowl, cream together softened butter and sugar. Beat in egg and stir in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add flour to the sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Chill dough and cookie sheets for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make 1 inch dough ball and press onto ungreased, chilled cookie sheets. (I use the bottom of a glass to gently press out the dough ball) Using your thumb, make a small indention in center of dough. Fill with raspberry preserves.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.