Quick Cloud Biscuits
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir well. Cut in shortening using a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine egg and milk. Add to flour mixture stirring just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times. Roll dough to ½ inch thickness then cut with a 3 inch biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and brush melted butter on top of each hot biscuit.
Sing aloud to God our strength; Make a joyful shout to the God of Jacob. Psalm 81:1