Orange Slice Cake Recipe
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Cup of margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of coconut
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 (8 oz.) box of chopped dates
- 2 lbs. orange slices (Cut each orange slice in 3 pieces leaving about 10 whole orange slices for decoration for top of cake when finish)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of orange juice
- Mix together and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- Combine first 6 cake ingredients in large mixing bowl and blend until batter is completely moisten. Then stir in dates and sliced orange slices .
- Pour into Bundt pan and cook for 1 hour 50 minutes. (No longer than 2 hours)
- Remove cake from oven and while still hot pour icing slowly over top of cake while still in bundt pan. (I poke holes with a butter knife in the top so the icing will absorb in the middle of the cake.) Let sit for about 20 minutes and then remove cake from pan.
- Garnish top of cake with whole orange slices.
The Lord is high above all nations, His glory above the heavens. Psalm 113:4