Mama's Homemade Bread Recipe
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 5 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees. Lightly grease 2 standard size loaf pans. Set aside for later.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar together. Add melted butter.
- Combine yeast and lukewarm water together. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Add to flour mixture. Using electric mixture on medium speed mix until completely combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Cover mixing bowl with saran wrap and place in preheated 100 degree oven for 1 hr. or until dough doubles in size.
- Remove from oven. Knead dough 5 or 6 times and divide dough evenly and place in prepared loaf pans. Place back into 100 degree oven for 1 hr. or until dough doubles in size.
- Remove dough from oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth! Psalm 8:9