Made this for Mother’s Day. The whole family loved it! Light and creamy cheesecake bursting with lemon flavor drizzled with a light blueberry topping just before serving. YUM! 🙂
Lemon Cream Blueberry Cheesecake
Author: Easy to make Recipes
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers crumbs
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup sugar
- BLUEBERRY TOPPING
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9 inch springform pan. Cut a square of aluminum foil to wrap around the outside bottom of springform pan, making sure it covers at least 1 ½ inch up sides of pan.
- CRUST: Mix graham crumbs, sugar and butter; Press into bottom of springform pan.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let cool on a rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 2 minutes or until creamy. Add sugar. Beat until combined. Beat in the egg yolks. Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream until well blended.
- In a medium size bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining ⅓ cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold meringue into cream cheese mixture until no meringue streaks remain. Pour filling into springform pan. Place in a 10 x 13 baking dish. Pour hot water into the baking pan up to 1 inch on the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Turn off heat and open the oven door about 2 inches to allow cake to set. Let set for 1 hour in oven. Leave cheesecake in springform pan and refrigerate for 4 hours or longer before serving.
- Blueberry Topping
- Combine all topping ingredients in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Bring to simmer and cook for 4 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve cheesecake. Pour the blueberry topping over cheesecake just before serving.
Taste and see that the Lord is Good!