A Warm and Hearty Soup for a cold winter’s day. Made with Lean hamburger meat with lots of pepperoni.
Italian Beef and Pepperoni Soup
Author: Easy to make Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) stick of pepperoni , sliced. (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (10- ounce) can Rotel
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 5 cups water
- ½ tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried Basil
- ½ cup of fresh Parmesan Cheese topping (optional)
- Cook ground beef in saucepan over medium heat until beef crumbles and is lightly brown.
- In large soup pot add olive oil, red pepper, green pepper, onions, garlic and saute’ for about 5 minutes. Add sliced pepperoni along with ground beef.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh Parmesan Cheese