Heavenly Whipped Strawberry Cake
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box of white cake mix with pudding in the mix, prepared in two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans
- 16 ounces of fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces or mashed
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream, chilled
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Follow direction on cake box to bake 2 (8 to 9 inch) cakes. Set prepared cakes aside to cool completely.
- Using a medium bowl combine strawberries, white sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir until blended.
- Place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 30 minutes to chill before whipping the cream). Add cream and beat with electric mixer on high until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until cream holds peaks.
- Using a bread knife cut cakes in half making 4 layers instead of 2.
- Place first layer on cake plate. Spread half of strawberry mixture on cake. Second layer spread some whipped cream. Third layer spread the remaining strawberry mixture. Place top layer on cake and cover entire cake with whip cream.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
O Lord, You have searched me and known me. Psalm 139:1