Heavenly Whipped Lemon Cake
Author: Easy to make recipes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream, chilled
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Follow directions on cake box to bake two (8 to 9 inch) cakes. Set prepared cakes aside to cool completely.
- Follow directions to prepare lemon pudding. Stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 30 minutes before whipping the cream. Add cream to cold bowl and beat with electric mixer on high until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until cream holds peaks.
- Using a bread knife, cut cakes in half making 4 layers instead of 2.
- Place first layer on cake plate. Spread half of lemon pudding on cake. Second layer, spread some whipped cream mixture and sprinkled some coconut. Third layer, spread the remaining lemon pudding. Place top layer on cake and cover entire cake with whipping cream mixture. Sprinkle remaining coconut on top.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Bless the Lord all my soul!