Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Author: Easy to Make Recipes
Recipe type: Main
- 3 pounds Corned Beef Brisket with spice pack
- ½ cup malt vinegar
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (16 oz.) bag, peeled baby cut carrots
- 4 med. size potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut into small wedges
- Place corned beef along with spice pack in large pot and cover with water. Add ½ cup of malt vinegar. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 hrs. and 30 minutes (50 minutes per pound) or until meat is fork-tender.
- Add all vegetables to pot 40 minutes before corned beef is due to be done. Continue to simmer.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice beef across the grain.
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, plans not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11