Cheddar and Onion Scones
Makes 18 scones
Author: Easy to make recipes
Recipe type: breads
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter plus 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add cream, cheese and onion. Stir ingredients by hand only until just combined.
- For each scone, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until lightly browned.
".....and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." Matthew 1:23