- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In bowl, cream sugar and softened butter together. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add flour to the sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Chill dough and cookie sheets for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Make 1 inch dough balls and press onto ungreased, chilled cookie sheets. (I use the bottom of a glass to gently press out the dough ball).
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.