Want a little taste of Blueberry Pie Heaven? Try these squares. You will not be disappointed. Blueberry Pie Squares…..You can’t eat just one….YUM! 🙂
Blueberry Pie Squares
Author: Easy to make recipes
- Crust and Topping
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ stick butter, unsalted, cold, sliced thinly
- Blueberry Filling
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, butter and beat until crumbly. (You can use a fork also to press the butter into flour mixture.)
- Remove 1 cup of flour mixture and set aside. This will go on top of blueberry filling later.
- Press remaining flour mixture into baking dish making a crust. Cover only the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, slightly beat eggs. Add flour, sugar, sour cream, salt and vanilla. Beat on low with electric mixture until blended.
- Fold in blueberries. Pour blueberry mixture over cooked crust. Now topped with 1 cup of flour mixture you had set aside earlier.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.
Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!