Baked Tamale Pie Recipe
Author: Easy to make recipes
Recipe type: dinner
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (19-ouncecan) enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1.25 ounce package) chili seasoning mix, divided, minus 2 teaspoons for cornbread mix
- 1 (15.25 ounce can) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups prepared cornbread mix
- 1 (14.75 ounce can) cream-style corn
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- In large skillet, combine ground beef, onion, and red bell pepper. Cook over medium heat until beef is brown. Stir in enchilada sauce, cumin, and chili seasoning mix (minus 2 teaspoons). Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir in whole kernel corn and cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray with non-stick cooking spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornbread mix, cream-style corn, milk, eggs and 2 teaspoons of chili seasoning mix. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ⅓ of cornbread batter into prepared dish. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon meat mixture evenly over cornbread crust and spoon remaining cornbread batter evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, Proverbs 1:7
You might also like this with the Baked Tamale Pie