Baked Rotini with Italian Sausage
Author: easy to make recipes
Recipe type: main dish
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 (2.25 ounce) cans black olives, sliced, drained
- 2 (23.25 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb. Rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 lb. mozzarella, grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Remove casing from sausage. Place in large saucepan and cook until well done. You want the sausage to be crumbled.
- Remove from heat and set sausage aside.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in olives. Add to sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk together spaghetti sauce, and eggs. Stir in diced tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Layer half of pasta, half of sausage mixture, half of sauce mixture, and half of cheese into prepared baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9